Most area public transportation agencies welcome your bicycle, there are however time and capacity restrictions that you need to know.
- Regional Rail - No bikes inbound during the AM peak or outbound duirng the PM peak.
- Subway-Elevated-0 - No bikes between 6-9 AM and 3-6 P.
- Rt 100 Norristown HSL - No bikes between 6-9 AM and 3-6 P. There is a maximum of 2 bikes per rail car to be stored in the rear vestibule.
- Bus - All buses have bike racks. Full size bicycles are not allowed inside buses.
- Trolleys - No full size bicycles.
- Folding Bikes are now permitted on all vehicles but crowding may restrict their acceptance.
- Rail - 2 bikes per car. Bikes are allowed at all times on the Atlantic City Line. Time and holiday restrictions on the Northeast Corridor Line. Folding bikes allowed at all times
- Bus - Local buses have bike racks, long distance buses store bikes in the luggage compartment. Bikes including folding bikes are not allowed inside buses.
- RiverLINE - Trains have hanging bike racks, 3 bikes per passenger compartment Folding bikes allowed at all times
- 2 bikes per car, no time restrictions.
- Hold bikes in doorways on the non platform side of the train.
- Folding bikes allowed at all times
DART First State (Delaware)
- Buses have bike racks
- Routes 301 and 305 store bikes in the luggage compartment.
- Bikes including folding bikes are not allowed inside buses.
- Only folding bikes are allowed on trains.
- You can check a boxed bike on trains with checked baggage for $7 plus the cost of the box ($15)
Intercity Bus Lines
- Greyhound and Trailways - Require bikes to be boxed or in a case
- Chinatown Buses - Will take your bicycle if there is room in the luggage bay
- Bolt Bus - Will take your bicycle if there is room in the luggage bay
- Megabus - No Bikes Allowed
- Beiber Tourways - $5 to carry bicycle, remove front wheel
Video: How to use bus bike racks.
Find out about bikes on buses, trains and ferries throughout North America by looking at the Bikes on Transit Database, hosted by our Cartographer Steve Spindler.